This granola makes for a great snack or breakfast. Sprinkle some on top of yogurt for an added crunch, replace your cereal for a serving of this and some almond milk, or sprinkle some on top of an apple slice with peanut butter (yum!).
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 3/4 cup raw nuts (I used pecans and walnuts)
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- 1/2 cup unsweetened dried fruit (I used cranberries, raisins, and chopped dates)
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil
- 1/4 cup maple syrup or raw honey (or a combination of both)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Add everything together in a bowl and mix until well combined.
- Spread out the mixture on the baking sheet and bake in the oven for about 20-24 minutes or until golden brown. Make sure to stir about halfway through.
- Let the granola cool completely and store in an airtight container.
- For an added treat you can add a few dark chocolate chips to this!