When my wellness coaching clients tell me they struggle with finding the time to make a healthy meal and also trying to figure out what to make, I tell them to start off just finding one easy healthy meal that they can make. Then in another week, find another. Then another. Suddenly you have several go-to meals you can rely on when time is limited after work in the evenings.
Healthy meals don’t have to be complicated. This meal is one of my go-to meals and it’s so easy to mix it up. Again apologies for the iPhone photo. My runner’s appetite usually takes priority over a food photo shoot. 🙂
- Brown rice noodles, quinoa noodles, veggie noodles (carrots, zucchini, or sweet potato), or a combination of all three!
- Kale or Spinach
- Onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Fresh Basil
- Cherry tomatoes, halved
- Optional: Pasta Sauce or Pesto
- Optional: Chicken and/or tofu sausage or another lean protein
- Optional: Parmesan Cheese
- If using, prepare your protein of choice.
- Boil pasta if using rice or quinoa noodles and set aside. If you’re using veggie noodles saute them in a pan and set aside.
- In a large pan, saute onions and garlic until the onions are almost translucent. Add the halved cherry tomatoes and kale or spinach. Once the tomatoes have started to juice a little bit, add the pasta and basil into the mix and cook for about 2 more minutes.
- Take off the stove and serve immediately with your protein, sauce, and Parmesan cheese if using.
This is a super quick and easy meal, but healthy and long distance runner/tae kwon do master and also vegetarian/carnivore approved!